There is something very satisfying about the classic mix of buffalo chicken and ranch. This buffalo chicken wrap features a homemade sriracha ranch, which makes it just that little bit more flavorful. Accompanied by crunchy red cabbage, sliced green onion, and a lightly crisped tortilla, this simple wrap makes a perfect lunch.
The base of this recipe is, of course, the buffalo chicken. In the recipe below I have included instructions for my favorite method of preparing the chicken - in an instant pot. However, there are also instructions for using pre-made chicken. Therefore, you have options. It doesn't always feel like you have options in life, so consider it my gift to you. YOU GET TO CHOOSE! You can buy a rotisserie chicken or make your own whole roasted chicken, then tear it apart like a feral beast...and/or the normal way (you get to choose). Alternatively, check out this recipe for crockpot shredded chicken. If you don't like those options, and in fact, you actually forgot to even defrost any chicken, the instant pot method is for you.
There are two important sauces in this buffalo chicken wrap. The first is, unsurprisingly, buffalo sauce. Check out my spicy buffalo sauce recipe. Regardless of chicken choice, you will want this sauce, as it is the crucial flavor deal breaker. Next is the homemade sriracha ranch; the recipe is included in the recipe card below. I think that this lightly spicy ranch is a perfect companion for this wrap. However, if you prefer something more traditional, check out this regular ranch dressing recipe.
How to Fold a Wrap
Ok, look, I am a messy burrito wrapper. I know that making a well sealed, perfect looking wrap is simply not my strength. That is why I am providing you with two well demonstrated wrapping techniques. Decide which you like, then place your ingredients on your tortilla according to that method (i.e. either in the center or the bottom half-ish of your tortilla). Even if you struggle to fold, remember that your results will probably look better than mine and hey, that's something.
Now go forth and consume your buffalo chicken wrap...or 4. You made them, which means, if you want to, you get to eat all of them. Who says excessive buffalo wraps aren't self care?
Ranch Buffalo Chicken Wrap
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoon milk any kind will do
- 2 tsp sriracha adjust to taste
- ½ teaspoon white sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ tsp dill
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups shredded chicken instant pot or other
- 1 cup buffalo sauce Link for recipe in notes
Instant Pot Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts frozen or defrosted
- 1 onion sliced thinly
- 1 ¼ cup buffalo sauce divided, Link for recipe in notes
- 4 tortillas large
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 3-4 green onions greens sliced
- ½ cup sriracha ranch recipe above
- Whisk together all ranch ingredients. Add extra milk, by the teaspoon, if you prefer a thinner consistency.
- Taste ranch and adjust seasoning.
- Microwave the buffalo sauce in 30 second increments, until just warmed.
- In a medium bowl, mix together shredded chicken and buffalo sauce.
Make Instant Pot Chicken
- Place chicken breasts in an even layer in the bottom of an instant pot.
- Sprinkle onions over the chicken, then pour 1 cup of the buffalo sauce over everything.
- Secure lid, then set the instant pot to high for 12 minutes if chicken is defrosted or 15 if it is frozen.
- Verify that the chicken has reached 165°F, then using a slotted spoon, remove chicken and onions from the instant pot.
- Allow the chicken to cool for about 5 minutes, then shred the chicken using two forks (or your hands).
- Mix ¼ cup of buffalo sauce into the chicken and onion mixture.
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat.
- Add a tortilla to the pan for ~1 min, until browned spots appear, then flip and repeat on the other side. Repeat with all tortillas
- Spread ~1 cup of buffalo chicken onto each tortilla. Where you place it on the tortillas depends upon your preferred folding method. Look above for instructions on folding a wrap.
- Top each with ¼ cup of red cabbage and about 2 teaspoons of sliced green onion.
- Drizzle ranch over the ingredients, in your preferred amount ( I like a lot).
- Fold up your wraps, slice down the middle, and enjoy!
Matthew Haas says
After eyeing this recipe for a while, I finally gave it a try tonight. The only thing I might do differently next time would be to add a tiny bit of flour to thicken up the Buffalo Sauce. Otherwise, I would happily make this one again. Thanks for a great recipe!