This breakfast recipe has a savory blend of eggs, bacon, mushrooms, and cheese. It has multiple sources of protein for long-lasting energy and it is packed with flavor. Not to mention that it's wrapped up in its own blanket, for ultimate portability. You guessed it, it's a rich, mushroom-y breakfast burrito.
Breakfast burritos are extremely versatile. Make them healthy, heavy, or downright artery clogging. You can put anything in these suckers: eggs, cheese, bacon, vegetables, herbs, heck, pour in your coffee for all I care. Sometimes you don't have the energy to both chew your food and drink your caffeine and I'm not judging you.
Where was I? Right, these floury infinity pockets are not only versatile, they also store well. These mushroom and bacon breakfast burritos are the ultimate make-ahead breakfast. Keep them in the fridge for that week, or freeze them for a day when you are dragging and all your spoons have run dry.
My favorite way to re-heat these burritos is using an air-fryer. Heat the air fryer to 350°F and cook for ~3 minutes per side, if defrosted, or ~6 minutes per side, if frozen. Alternatively, warm the burritos in a conventional oven, following the same heating instructions. Or, if you have no energy, no worries, just nuke them in the microwave, at 30 second intervals, until heated.
I recommend serving this burrito with your favorite salsa. The recipe below is for two burritos but it will easily scale up for as many as you want. Now, prep yourself a freezer load of breakfast burritos and remind your sleepy future self to thank you.
Cremini and Bacon Breakfast Burritos
- 2 Tortillas large
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Cremini mushrooms diced
- 2 pieces Cooked Bacon chopped
- ¼ cup Parmesan shredded
- ¼ teaspoon Dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a small non-stick pan on low heat
- Add mushrooms and thyme to the pan and cook until the mushrooms are tender ~5 minutes
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs until they start to get nice and frothy--Do not add salt yet!
- Once mushrooms are tender, pour eggs into the pan, still on low
- Sprinkle bacon, parmesan, and salt and pepper over the eggs
- Cook the egg mixture slowly, stirring frequently until eggs are almost fully solid
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the eggs cool for ~5 minutes
- Meanwhile, heat a large pan on medium
- Heat tortillas in the preheated pan, flipping when the first side is lightly browned
- Spread the egg mixture in the middle of the tortillas and roll them up
- Eat right away or wrap tightly, in plastic wrap or your favorite re-usable option, and refrigerate or freeze the burritos for later
[…] Bacon and mushroom breakfast burrito […]