April 23, 2021
Creamy Cheesy Hot Corn Dip
This amazing cheesy hot corn dip recipe is adapted from my wonderful mother in law’s. It is one of many positive things that she has brought to my life. This dip makes a perfect snack, especially when you crave something warm and substantial – AKA all the time, for me. It also tends to be a hit at parties and get togethers, for good reason. It is warm, melty, and one of the best chip dips out there.
This is technically a chip dip but don’t let that stop you from applying it differently. It is also an excellent addition for quesadillas, enchiladas, or chicken tacos. I am sure there are a lot of other potential uses for cheesy corn so let your imagination run wild. Depending upon your use, feel free to switch up the spices. Add a little chili powder and cumin for a more southwestern feel. Alternatively, toss in cilantro and a splash of lime, just before serving, to brighten the flavor.
This recipe is a little light on the non-corn vegetables. If you like a bit more texture and variety, it is absolutely viable to increase the amount of onion and bell pepper. To make this dip spicier, increase the amount of jalapeño and cayenne, and add in a few dashes of hot Hungarian paprika. To lighten it up slightly – though this is not going to be a healthy recipe – replace the sour cream with unflavored Greek yogurt. In short, take the time to make this recipe your own. There are a lot of things out of your control in this life but this does not have to be one of them.
So, make yourself a pan of cheesy hot corn dip, then take a moment to remind yourself that your snacking game is ridiculously on point.
Creamy Cheesy Corn Dip
- 3 tbsp butter divided
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn defrosted
- ½ yellow onion diced
- ⅓ cup red bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeño deseeded and minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup monterey jack cheese shredded
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tsp cayenne
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt divided
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F
- Lightly oil an 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pat corn dry with a towel.
- Heat 2 tbsp of butter in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add corn to the pan with ½ tsp of salt.
- Cook corn until the edges begin to brown slightly, stirring occasionally.
- Season the corn with pepper then pour it into a large bowl.
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter in the pan.
- Add onion to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Mix in bell pepper and ½ tsp of salt and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the jalapeño and garlic to the pan and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour vegetable mixture into the bowl with the corn.
- Mix in mayonnaise, sour cream, monterey jack, cayenne, and onion powder.
- Pour corn mixture into the baking dish and distribute evenly.
- Sprinkle cheddar over the top of the corn dip.
- Bake for ~20 minutes. If the cheese is not browned enough for your taste, turn on the broiler for 2-3 minutes, until browned.